Jump to navigation
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for the NCWIT Collegiate Award? Follow the instructions in the Application Guide to update your profile or register for an Aspirations in Computing (AiC) Community membership and begin an application.
- When can I apply for the NCWIT Collegiate Award? The application season begins at 12:00 p.m. EST September 1, 2016 and goes until 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
- Is there a parent/guardian approval process? Any qualifying female college student over the age of 14 may register for an AiC Community membership without parent/guardian approval. To be eligible for the NCWIT Collegiate Award, a student MUST be 18 or older on the date she submits her application.
- What is the professor/manager recommendation deadline? The professor/manager recommendation deadline is 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
- How does my professor/manager submit the recommendation ? Upon saving or submitting your application, your professor/manager receives an email asking them to complete a recommendation for your application.
- Can I submit further information to support my application? Unfortunately, we cannot accept supporting materials for applications other than what is required.
- If I have already won an NCWIT Collegiate Award, may I apply again? Previous Collegiate Award winners are not eligible, but Collegiate Award Honorable Mentions are welcome and encouraged to apply.
When will I be notified that I have won? Notifications for the Collegiate Award are sent by March 31, 2017.
- Do I have to present to win? Awardees are expected to participate in the NCWIT Collegiate Award Ceremony at the NCWIT Summit in Tucson, AZ on Monday, May 22, 2017, but Award winners are not required to be present to win. Acknowledgment of travel and affirmation of acceptance at time of Award notification is required.
- I didn't receive my recommendation email for an application, can you resend it? Please email email@example.com if you did not receive your recommendation email. Please note: many email addresses from public education institutions, such as those ending in .k12.us, block emails from college.aspirations.org. Using a different email address may allow the recommendation email through spam filters.
- How do I complete the recommendation for my student's application? Click on the link you received in your recommendation email. You will be taken to a form where you will fill in your information and upload a PDF document for the recommendation letter. Once you save the form, your recommendation will be complete.
- What is the recommendation deadline? The recommendation deadline is 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 24, 2017. Please have all recommendations submitted by that date.
- I have a student I would like to nominate for the Award, how do I do that? We do not have nominations, but we do have a form where you can encourage a student to apply for the Award. Once your student has applied, she selects someone to write a recommendation for her.
- Stay Connected